rubicon NO SALE, new building platform/MNKT

to make a long story short, the wifey had an absolute FIT when i started to agree to accept $23,500 for my rubicon. said we would keep it for haley before giving it away so it looks like the rubicon is a keeper since it only appears to be worth anything to us. ill still be getting the diesel, but only after we get passed this coming tax season.

in the meantime i happened across a retired '76 m880 1 1/4 ton dodge 4x4 with 41,000 original miles for $1000 and i couldnt walk away from it. the v8/tranny/full time 4x4 transfer case (also with low lock and even high lock)/dana 70 rear/dana 60 front @4.10 gears will work out perfectly under a cj7/8 project jeep.

pics of the beast are at

im not really sure if id rather shorten the frame of this truck and adapt a cj body to it or transplant the running gear over on the cj but either way there is much fun to come.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Dude, that beast just sorta looks nekkid without a big honking hydraulic winch out front. And a small lift crane in back. And some more lift. And bigger boggers. And a light bar in front. And a huge light bar in the back. And a big old anvil/vise on the rear bumper.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

heh. i dont plan on actually working out of it since image is so important (show up looking like little abner and they dont take you seriously) but its definately going to make a good toy hauler and eventually the drivetrain should end up under a cj.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I dunno. Maybe it currently looks a bit L'il Abner, but if you were to butch it up a bit with a power hoist, etc. etc. it would make one serious looking welder rig. Maybe swap the swamp paint color for more of a khaki desert one, and mix sand in the paint.

For example, something more like this:

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

now thats sweet!

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Do neither. Send me your address and I will take care of it for you. :-)

Still got the 'Vette??

matt

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

heh...if the wife keeps bitching about having a camo truck in her yard i might just have to sell it before its said and done.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

On 18 Jan 2004 11:22 AM, Nathan Collier posted the following:

It would be a crime to gut a perfectly good old pickup truck like that.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

True, but he does have that Corvette as a potential donor for a powertrain swap.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

i unloaded the vette awhile back. i didnt particularly want to sell it but i get ripped so often selling cars that when im able to double my money i usually take it.

Reply to
Nathan Collier