My new Rubicon

Hey all, I am psyched because my '04 Rubicon in Electric Lime Green came in to the dealer late Thursday. Unfortunately I was on my way to a gig (I play in a band) when I got the call. Then, yesterday the snow here in NJ made the dealer close early. So I stopped in last night to see it on the lot. It's beautiful, in an ugly, obnoxious sort of a way. I got up this morning and called over to the dealer only to find that they sent everybody home already due to the snow forecast. So now I have to wait 'till at least Tuesday to pick it up since I have a final exam Monday night. Damn this snow sucks!! Just figured I'd share my joy and pain.

Jay

Reply to
me

Snow doesn't suck anymore the moment you drive that Rubicon off the lot! ;-)

-Kris

me wrote in news:c5qAb.1191$0U4.225277 @news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

Reply to
Kris

Jay:

Enjoy!!

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Congrats man! Too bad you can't pick up the Rubi - it's probably fun in the deep snow.

I just ordered myself a Sport.

Reply to
Valued User

BTW, how many days/weeks did it take them to build and deliver?

Reply to
Valued User

Must, have, pics!!! looking forward to seeing the green. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Pics of lime green here:

(Thanks to Ken from 7slotgrille.com)

Nathan Otis wrote:

Reply to
Tim Hayes

Tim - do you go to RU? I'm Cook '95.

Reply to
Valued User

Reply to
Tim Hayes

Ahh yes. Hung out at the SERC with the IBM 286's + Lotus 123 and learning unix commands like mget *.jpg ..good times.. good times.. ::snif::

Reply to
Valued User

I went to Rider in Lawrence (Princeton), but I grew up in Edison and lived at the Melody Bar from '94-'98 before it shut down. Tim do you know Eric Decker?? He's a friend of mine, works for one of the Rutgers schools doing computer stuff.

Jay

Valued User wrote:

Reply to
me

I don't know Eric. The directory says he works for the registrar's office on the same campus as me.

I probably bumped into you (literally) in the Melody. I lived on Redmond street just across the train tracks in '94 before moving to highland park and was there or in the Roxy regularly at that time.

Is Eric a jeeper? I've been trying to find people in my area that know something about offroading in NJ since I'm sort of new at it.

I've seen a few YJ's and TJ's > I went to Rider in Lawrence (Princeton), but I grew up in Edison and

Reply to
Tim Hayes

Oh yeah, forgot about the Roxy. I was dating a girl who's roommate Carlos did the Oz thing on Wednesday nights. That's how I got introduced to the whole Melody/Roxy scene. Did you know Jim that did

80's on Tuesday nights?

No, Eric is not a Jeeper. I have owned a TJ for almost 6 years now, but (legal) offroad> I don't know Eric. The directory says he works for the registrar's

Reply to
me