Rubicon: What do you think?

They're nothing more than a Chevy Tahoe in drag, and not much more capable off-road. A stock Wrangler Sport would trounce one.

Reply to
Big Daddy

I'm sure you know the difference ! I was just pointing out I, the OP, knew the difference as well :-)

-- Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: >

R&min_pr=&postcode=b168xq&source=0&model=H2&max_pr=&sort=3&miles=1500&max_re : > cords=50&search.x=35&search.y=8 : >

: >

: > Dave Milne, Scotland : > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : >

: > : >

: > : >> Dave Milne, Scotland : > : >> '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : > : >>

: > : >>

: > : >

: > : >

: > : : >

: >

:
Reply to
Dave Milne

depending upon the terrain, a stock SE would trounce one. watch the h2 try to play in the rocks at

that the rock the h2 is hanging up on (in front of the passenger sidefront tire) is about the size of a foot ball. btw, im not responsible for the background music in that video!

if you require further proof of the lack of hummer off road prowess, see

Nathan W. Collier

To the credit of the Hummer, it was more than just the rock holding it back. The wheels that were propelled couldn't get traction and that wheel wasn't driven, since it had no limited slip or locker. That situation could hold up any Wrangler that has an open front diff.

Reply to
Big Daddy

maybe.....but i never had any problems at all with my stock '00 in places a lot more aggressive than that. although video can be deceiving.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

It's amazing how something can be so steep or difficult to get through/over, and when you bring the pic up to show people, they look at you as if you've gone nuts and any car could have done that...

I haven't figured out how to take pictures that do the trails justice. If that hummer looked like that on film, I'm sure my TJ would've gotten stuck too. Of course, who knows, maybe a shorter wheelbase and more narrow widtch could have made a difference too.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Or maybe a good spotter that guided you _around_ the obstacle.

Reply to
Big Daddy