TJ Lift kit recommendation

Are the "value" lift kits out there, the ones for 500-800 bux, worth the money? I would like enough lift to fit 33x12.5x15 tires under it and from what I've read from the gurus in this group, about 4" or so would do it without rubbing. I don't have a lot of cash just laying around, so I started looking at value kits, but I'll spend the extra if the $1000-$1500+ kits are that much better and worth it. The lift has to mind its manners on the road too as this is a daily driver.

Thanks, Dennis

97 Wrangler
Reply to
Dennis Cox

When I bought my TJ it had the 4WD Hardware 3" lift on it (about $600 I think). I am very pleased with it! I have 33 X 10.50 X 15's on it with dished out Eagle Allows and have no rub at all. I don't trail ride it but don't think there would be any problem. I think it might even clear 35's! The only thing I might change it the anti-sway bar disconnects... there are a bit noisy and I don't need them. If anyone knows of some slightly extended ones that don't disconnect, speak up.

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
Erik

Thanks for all of the recommendations and emails. I think I've found the lift I'm gonna get:

Now, where did I leave my checkbook.... :)

Reply to
Dennis Cox

Please let us know how this kit works out. I saw it and was interested, but have not heard any reviews.

Reply to
Chad Fraker

Seems to me that isn't really a "kit" as I see them -- it's parts from various manufacturers that you could go get yourself. I suppose any "kit" could be that way. But when you buy, say, a Skyjacker kit, you're getting all Skyjacker parts. You buy this kit and you're gett DT shocks (available everywhere) OME shocks (again, all over the place) and a few other goodies. I haven't looked yet, but I'd see if that could be put together cheaper by buying the parts separately.

By the way, I have the Rough Country lift -- pad $500 shipped to my door. Not bad off road, but really lives up to its name -- very rough on road.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

I looked over the site you showed... had to let you know about my experience, although every one is different.

I found with my 4 inch lift (pro comp) that even with the transfer case spacers I had vibrations, so I got the SYE/CV kit like Erik did, and now its much better.

Also, I had to get the gears done, my stock gears were 3.07 and I went up to

4.10. Also to save money I had them put in my truetracs (limited slips) at the same time.

But man I love it.

Troy

Reply to
Troy