scabbard rifle case for Jeep TJ

Anybody know who makes one? I suppose one could rig a standard scabbard somehow to the roll cage.

Ideas welcome.

Reply to
ULB

Check out the units used on ATVs.

DougW

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Check your state and local laws. In Colorado it is illegal to carry a loaded long gun in a motor vehicle. Actually Colorado is fairly liberal, you just can't have a round in the chamber. I believe in other states they have to be broken down, disassembled or otherwise not in firing condition.

Cheers,

Earle

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Earle Horton

Oklahoma it's no clip/rounds in the weapon, and rounds stored seperatly. Unless you have a carry permit, in which case you can have a loaded pistol up to .45 as long as it's not in plain sight.

Rifles and shotguns can be stored on a window rack, under the seat, in a trunk box, etc. Just not loaded.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I called up the DFG. In my state, CA (I hate this state only for it's politics).

One can carry a rifle in plain sight, as long as the ammo is stored elsewhere. The way the agent described it was, if the ammo were in your pocket that would be an issue, if it were say in a passenger floorboard, probably not an issue (depending on DA), but if the ammo were in a locked case anywhere, it's a non issue. The latter being what I always do.

Take care,

Reply to
ULB

Sorry that was meant to say DOJ. LMFAO. I guess you can tell I want to go fishing.

Reply to
ULB