Seatbelt retractor advice needed ( '01 WJ)

Ok, driver side seatbelt retractor is being very contrary, the last 18 inches of belt after released just hang instead of being pulled back in. If I take and push it gently back towards the slot in the B-pillar it will go back..

I'm taking it that there is most likely NO user-serviceable parts in that retractor? I took the lower B pillar molding off today and saw nothing that looked repairable.. Is this a common thing, or an oddity for an '01? Dealer claims no warranty of any kind on seatbelts past normal 3/36 bumper to bumper, true or dealer-dodging?

If must be replaced, best online parts source?

thanks!

Marc

Reply to
Marc

I don't know what DCs policy is, couldn't find anything either. Unrelated but interesting - my brother in laws 88 Honda Accord seat belt wouldn't retract - dealer for honda said Honda's policy is to replace any seatbelt, any year at no cost.. I thought that was pretty cool, considering his was one of the motorized seat belts that attach to the door frame...I guess they realize a safety fix is better than a possible lawsuit.....

Reply to
Paw