value of hard doors

evening guys, what are a pair of green hard doors off a 98 se worth on the open market. thanks john jr

Reply to
john

Kinda depends upon who wants them and how badly. ;-) $4-500 ought to be in the ballpark, depending upon condition.

Reply to
SoK66

You say that like you just ripped them off ("open market"?). I mean took them off. I'd say you could sell them here for upwards of $300. Probably get twice that on eBay (I assume you're talking about full doors).

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Heh no keys. Mighty suspicious, no?

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
john

Locks can be changed. You could put those locks on your half doors so the ignition matches the doors you keep and sell the full doors without locks (or with the ones from the half doors, if you have a key to those to include with it).

I was curious, too, because the other day I looked at an '02 TJ with half-doors and I would definitely want full doors for the winters here (but the half doors could be fun in good weather).

What would a pair of half doors cost, if I wanted to buy them separately sometime after buying a Jeep?

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

A friend got a pair of half doors for his YJ and they were $3600.00 new.

Mike

Derrick Huds>

Reply to
Mike Romain

A friend recently got YJ half doors at $3600.00 per set new. Hard doors are Way more than that.

I could see getting $1000.00 each easily for them.

Another friend just bought used half doors for his TJ and got a wicked price at $1000.00 for the set. (should have been sweet anyway, but the seller was an ass about it so it probably was more work than they were worth.)

Mike

john wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I think you get the whole YJ for that Mike!

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Bill,

That would be a good deal then! I just paid $200 US for a set of TJ steel half doors.

JimG

Reply to
JimG

A new set of YJ full doors at Quadratec is $2000.00

JimG

Reply to
JimG

Is that in pesos, may as well be.

I am in Canada, so you can almost double that Quadratec aftermarket door price. Aftermarket stuff is normally cheaper than OEM and some is total crap. It is always made cheaper....

I am quoting OEM from the $tealer prices here in Canada for those and in Canadian dollars for the used stuff.

Mike

JimG wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
john

Those of us that frequent here (I don't know about the OP) know you are from Canada (sorry about your luck!).

But double?

3600 CAD = 3024 USD

I paid $200 (230 CAD) for a set of excellent, used OEM steel, TJ half doors w/uppers, now granted I did get a good deal, but it's not unusual to find them for $500 (595 CAD) or less. Maybe we should haul a truck-load of stuff up there and double our money!

:-)

JimG

Reply to
JimG

If you brought up rust free stuff, I could pretty much guarantee you would double your money.

This is serious salt country and anything used is normally pretty rotten or already salt compromised bad enough so you can see the repairs you are going to need soon.

I looked at dozens and dozens of body tubs before saying screw it and going fiberglass. Not one used tub I saw 'didn't' need at least one perforation from rust fixed before I could use it. Not one!

So doors and body parts in good shape still command top dollar.

Oh, our Loony just went nuts or the US dollar took a dive, I don't know which, that is why the exchange is so good right now. Not long ago in June it was almost 40% or so as that chart shows.

Mike

JimG wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain