Seeking Wrangler Advice

Say WHAT?!?!?

What's wrong with my '97? Thing runs great.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

No. I actually locked it in the other day in some really soft mud when I started slipping in 2 wheel drive. I got out of the mud and unlocked it. I didn't notice anything weird or noisy but the tires were all really free to spin at whatever rate they could so I'm pretty sure I didn't cause any damage.

Reply to
Dennis Cox

it read malicious. if i misunderstood then i apologize.

rich

Reply to
Rich

wholy jezuuz H.. now someone really deserves a kick up side the head. hehe... the last one in pink.. almost looks like one of those Barbie battery cars for kids,. ahwhawhah

dave

Reply to
dave

LOL!

My 86 CJ7 had a hot pink/purple color when it was new. It was a stock Laredo with a really wild factory color.

I figured this out when I removed the scuff plates across the bottom door opening. Only one coat on top of the primer under there, it was painted gray, then blue/green.

Mike

dave wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

My 78 CJ7 was blue with pink flames on the hood... from what i can tell, it was original...

Reply to
Joe

If it had Pink Flames on the hood, it was not original. It had to be painted at least once.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hey Jeff, didn't you mention you were gonna get pink flames painted onto your Jeep? ;)

Jerry

-- Jerry Bransford To email, remove 'me' from my email address KC6TAY, PP-ASEL See the Geezer Jeep at

Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I'll have to dig up the photos and scan them in... it's been 6 years now since I sold her :-(

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Now there's a fashon statement!

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

I just want to thank everyone who helped educate me with all things 'Jeep Wrangler'. With the knowledge that I gained via the Jeep newsgroups, I purchased a real nice looking 2000 Wrangler Sport: 31,000 miles, red, six cylinder, soft top, standard shift, air, stock 'Canyon?' wheels and so on. If I had ordered it new, I would have ordered it just like this. Very, very clean and straight and for the most part, very stock except for a 3" Warn lift and 33" BFG All Terrains. I paid a 'fair' price for it. It wasn't a steal but I feel I got what I paid for. I am very happy with my purchase. Thanks again!

Reply to
Smegma Breath

Congrats on your purchase. One thing, the stock Canyon wheels have way too much backspacing for 33x12.5" tires, check the rears to see if they are rubbing against the upper spring perch.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
twaldron

I will check the rears for rubbing against the upper spring perch. I am not familiar with the term 'backspacing'? Is this the 'offset' the wheel has toward the center of the vehicle?

Breath"

Reply to
Smegma Breath

Backspacing and offset are related but two different measurements. Backspacing is the distance between the mounting surface of the wheel and the inner rim. Offset is the measurement between the centerline of the wheel and the wheel mounting surface.

Here's a good site to explain:

* * * Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo

That was before I abandoned the idea of moving to San Francisco.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland