Serious amp draw

Greetings, I have a 94 Grande Cherokee that has a peculiar amp draw. When shifted into reverse the amps drop, not a lot but noticably, and the warmer it is outside the larger the amp draw. I have never seen the amp gauge go inot the positive. Any ideas? Stewart.

Reply to
Grant

I would be checking the ground strap from either the rear of the engine to the firewall or from the battery to the body.

I see those kind of drops when the ground is bad usually. They get corrosion in the connections or if that open mesh, just plain rot out. I usually see the mesh one from the engine head to the firewall rotted.

Mike

Grant wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Not knowing the 94 GC, does it actually have an "amp" gauge or just a voltage gauge? Makes a big difference when trying to diagnose based on readings.

Reply to
JimG

JimG did pass the time by typing:

The 94 (at least USA) didn't have an Amp gauge, only Volts, Fuel, Temperature, and Oil Pressure. With a large Tachometer and Speedometer.

Grant shows to be from Toronto CA or close based on the posting path "grouptelecom.net".

Hey grant, take a look here and tell us if these are what you have.

DougW