STEREO AMP IN TRUNK OF 97 HONDA ACCORD LX? HELP

IAM GOING TO PUT AN AMP IN THE TRUNK OF MY 97 HONDA ACCORD LX....AND WAS JUST WONDERING IS THERE ANY USABLE HOT WIRES IN THE TRUNK AREA THAT I DONT KNOW ABOUT.....I WAS HOPING TO AVOID RUNNING WIRE FROM AMP IN TRUNK TO UNDER THE DASH...ANY SUGGESTIONS...TY

Reply to
JIM via CarKB.com

I don't think there would be anything large enough for the typical trunk amp. You would be better off doing it right and running the line (and upgrading your alternator)....

Reply to
L Alpert

Why are you shouting?

Reply to
Masterson

All the loud music has him hard of hearing?

Reply to
Seth

I did this in my 94 Accord...you'll need to run a cable directly from your battery to your amp,using at least 8 gauge for a single small amp or 4 gauge for multiple amps or a single powerful amp.I dont think 97's have a power antenna,I believe the antenna is built into the rear glass,so you'll have to run a turn on lead from your stereo to your amp as well. Glenn

Reply to
G Funk

TY GLENN...FOR YOUR ANSWER.... THE 2 JOKERS THAT POSTED ABOVE YOURS...IS JUST WORRIED ABOUT ME TYPING IN CAPS...LOL....MAYBE THEY CAN HEAR SOMETHING I CANT....OR THEY MUST BE REAL COMPUTER NERDS....THAT THINK THIS SHOUTING IN CAPS STUFF IS FOR REAL...THEY MUST BE REALLY IMMATURE...THEY DIDNT EVEN ATTEMPT TO REPLY TO MY POST....THANKS AGAIN GLENN!!!!

Reply to
JIM via CarKB.com

And yet you still insist on SHOUTING AT EVERYONE. It is bad nettiqutte to post or email in all caps because it is the equivalent of shouting at someone and is usually perceived as offensive. If you want people to respond to your post with honest answers and help, then stop shouting.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Foster

Nicely said.