Nissan Srarter Amp Draw

94 Sentra, 4 cyl, how many amps should the starter draw when cranking the engine, normally.

Is it a difficult job to R&R the starter? it appears to drop out from the under the driver side of the engine.

I checked the battery voltage(engine not running) 12.75 volts, enine running increased idle alternator is putting about 13.50 volts back into the battery imediately after starting th eengine. Cables are clean.

Its my daughters car I think the starter is getting tired, it cranks as tho the battery is low.

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

You don't have an ammeter that will measure DC amperes in the range of 2 or 3 hundred amps do you?

How old is the battery? If it's 4 year old it should be replaced. If it's been deeply discharged more than once you need to have it checked. Any decent auto parts store can check the crank amps of a battery. And that 13.5 volts is a bit low for a running voltage. I'd like to see it around 14.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

My guess would be a little over 100 amps on that engine.

Reply to
Steve T