service manual

hey guys,

with all the talk of piston/head problems, I got to lookin for a Chilton manual for my '02 TJ. I don't see one out there....have they just not caught up yet??

sb

Reply to
SB

L.W.(ßill)

Second that. For the $$$ that you spend on a Chiltons you'd get far better returns on a FSM.

I'd buy the FSM first and look for a haynes and chiltons used or at the flea market. That's what I did (although I got the FSM on Ebay).

Billo

Reply to
William Oliveri

I was at the parts store yesterday picking up a valve cover gasket and a few other parts, when I saw a Chilton's book for the 87-95 YJ's on the shelf. Since I now own both a '94 and a '95 YJ, and my wife's girlfriend has been asking me about her '88 YJ, I decided it was worth the $15 I had to pay for it(I get a discount 'cuz I work in the trade). After looking at it last night, I've decided it was money well spent. It isn't as comprehensive as the FSM, but since I do this for a living, I really don't need instructions, just mostly the tables of specifications. My take on the book is that it will be a good companion to the FSM, and I'd reccomend it as a good investment. It's already saved me from getting into a situation where I have to pull the hard top of the '88 to r&r the windshield wiper motor, so I consider it's paid for itself already.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Got mine on EBay for 20 bucks.Well worth it.

Service Guide
Parts Book

Reply to
Casey

Bill you are a URL authority....

I notice the techauthority one is an 'HTTPS' link....haven't seen thatbefore.

Reply to
SB

How is it for ordering off of Ebay? I have done the "send cash first/receive product later" method and that was just a LITTLE stressful.

sb

=2463639727 Service Guide>

=2462904720 Parts Book>

Reply to
SB

I did not have any problems with it. I used PayPal.The seller will usually send you an email when it is shipped.

> =2463639727 Service Guide> >

> =2462904720 Parts Book> >

Reply to
Casey

the S in https means that the link is secure = encrypted. In other words, ifsomeone is sitting with a packet sniffer "eavesdropping" for want of abetter word on your requests for and submissions to websites, they will beunable to decrypt and make sense of what they see. Your email on the other hand, has no such secure protocol :-)

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Why?

Perhaps they keep seeing all the recommendations to just buy the genuine factory manual and how simple it is to do so and gave up. Some dealer parts places will have/order them, but they are also available at Tech Authority which is linked off any jeep or chryco website.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Tells your browser to try port 553 by default rather than 80..and to be prepared for encrypted traffic.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Does Jeep publish the factory service manual on cd rom ?

I found one online for a 99 TJ in pdf format.

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Where did you find the online PDF one??

Reply to
Intergate

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Someone had a link posted on this ng. It was taken off line shortly after that.

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
john

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I just want to say thank you. Now I can spend time with my wife instead of looking for jeep websites :) Great list!

Reply to
Casey

port 443

Dave Milne, Scotland '91 Grand Wag>