She's all Mine!

Paid off my '02 TJ last week! Yippee!

I was wondering if anyone has used the Mother's clay-bar paint saving system? A friend just used it to remove a lot of fresh epoxy paint overspray on his black '97 wrangler and I was wondering how it would do on clearcoat over Amber Fire. My overspray is about a year old and I _can_ live with it, but it did such a nice job on the black.

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

Ask your buddy to try his in a spot, if you like it, buy it.

I tried the clay bar on my Cobra, found it to be umm.. less than expected.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

OH! And congratulations on the Pay off, that's a big deal!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Yeah now that it is paid for all of the money you were spending every month can be put towards upgrades... the good stuff

Reply to
Rusted

I've watched my neighbor use clay on a '99 Audi, '84 Porsche, and '66 Ford Convertible.

All 3 look like they just came of the showroom floor but then Ed is a car-nut. Be sure, if you clay, to keep the paint surface wet with one of the detailer sprays and be prepared to spend a lot of time..

I used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (clearcoat safe) to remove imperfections on my last several vehicles and when used with a buffer (or persistent elbow grease) to rub out off-road pinstriping on my WJ..

Reply to
billy ray

I was planning to try a spot, but the hood is where the overspray is. I thought I'd poke around here first:^)

Seahag (I shamelessly love my pa> Ask your buddy to try his in a spot, if you like it, buy

Reply to
Seahag

Sorry I didn't reply last night...dinner showed up!

Sounds like this is a good thing to use then. In addition to the overspray I have marks from bird poop and acid rain which the regular Meguire's products don't touch. I sure wish I'd used their Carnuba wax instead of the cleaner/wax from the start.

Seahag

"billy ray" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

Thanks! It hasn't really sunk in yet, but I love not bleeding out the bank account!

Seahag

"KJ.Kate" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

Heh heh heh...just got the latest Quadratec catalogue yesterday...and my mechanic sez I'll need new tires in the next 1000 miles...Unfortunately there aren't really any off-road places in Maryland:^(

Seahag

"Rusted" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

What kind are you looking to install?

Reply to
billy ray

I go out to Cumberland and WBGVA, some good off roading there. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

What product were you going to try next the clay or the Meguiar's Cleaner Wax?

As for carnauba waxes Ed uses a product called "Blitz Wax". It is kind pricy but imparts a hard shine...

Reply to
billy ray

I haven't decided yet, I might go with slightly bigger Michelins...I kinda like the stock look and since I can rarely get off the pavement I'd like to keep my gas mileage intact for camping off in the 'wilderness'.

Seahag

"billy ray" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

I've used the cleaner wax before, didn't do anything. Going over to my buddy's after we buy the tree so I'll try the clay.

Seahag

"billy ray" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

Williamsburg? I have a friend moving to the Norfolk area so we'll probably visit next summer. We found a nice little trail near Big Run where we were camping last summer. I'm a total newbie so I want to take it easy. Don't want to go flipping downhill like the one in Bill's video!

Seahag

"Coasty" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag