Changing Wiper Motors

I have a 93 YJ that I would like to change the wiper motor to allow the blades to come all the way down. Has anyone done this? Can it be done?

Thanks, A new Jeep owner

Reply to
Lovs2fly

Basically it can't be done.

Well... if you are an engineer and have a full machine shop to make up custom linkages maybe anything 'can' be done but so far I have never heard of a 'fix' that works.

One gent on another group was offering some fancy linkage piece that he said would work on CJ's, but when push came to shove he couldn't put out a product that worked it would seem. I was going to test it for him. He gave up and never contaced anyone again.

You get used to it pretty fast.....

Mike

Mike Romain

try this web site they have what you want.

Scott Smith

I looked at this page once, but balked at buying anything called "Wipe Boy".

Earle

Earle Horton

Yup, that sure looks like the same bozo that refused to send me a kit when I told him who I was and how active I was on the newsgroups.

I believe we decided the new wiper arm will jam up the works which will destroy the windshield frame. It 'for sure' will do that on most aftermarket CJ windshield frames....

I was willing to try it and do a write up. He didn't like that idea...

This was a few years back, maybe he has made it work now, I don't know or he is still just fishing for as many suckers he can get before the word gets out?

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Real Jeeps have wipers that don't lay flat. (Actually, real Jeeps have wipers that are top mounted. No, wait, real Jeeps have one vacuum operated, top mounted wiper that doesn't work and one manually operated top mount wiper that is used for passenger exercise.)

Anyway, flat wipers look bad. Keep what you have.

Anybody know of a kit that will lift the TJ wipers up like they should be?

Lovs2fly wrote:

Reply to
Clap Trap

Reply to
Will Honea

I dunno Bill, with a name like Wipe Boy, I'd be wondering if they are not for the San Francisco version of "girlie" Jeeps.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon