Newbie question on installing a lift myself

Hi All, I had a question come to mind that hadn't dawned on me till just the other day.. I'm planning to get a 2.5-3" suspension lift for my '83 CJ7. I planned to do the lift myself (with help from friends) but it ocurred to me that once done, I'll have 4 spring pack doing me no good. In general, what do you guys do with the old suspensions once you upgrade? They are stock and probably not in sellable condition. (I wouldnt wish them on anyone else). I dont have a need or desire to keep them once the new one is in. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Tim '83 CJ7 Mopar Injection (soon to be 33x12.50's)

Reply to
Glaser

If you live close so shipping was free, I would take them off your hands to replace my bent stock spring. There is some value I guess if you wanted to sell them. I gave some springs to my brother who was tinkering with his homemade blacksmith equipment, he cut then in half and turned them into a nice hunting knife. However one spring will last him a long time at the rate he is going, you canmake a lot of knives out of one spring.

Reply to
Rusted

I used a pair from my set to make an offroad trailer. Work fine last a long time.

Reply to
Rich

Interestings ideas. I'll probably consider the trailer idea. thats something that i've needed for a while.. I may try a local only sale in DFW area so I wont mess with shipping but maybe someone is around here that has a use for them when I ever get this thing done.. Thanks for some suggestions.

Tim

Reply to
Glaser