sillybugger pricing

Ok.. my story on stealerships.

I need about 18 new plastic popthingies that hold on the door plastic. The old ones are breaking and the door squeeks.

Dealer cost 2.25 EACH! my discount dealer cost 1.80 each...

All that money for the most complicated and high tech piece of plastic ever created.

A teeny friggin spot of yellow injection molded plastic made by the millions probably in China.

Bulk from thecliplink.com, ..get this.. A box of 50 for 6$

They also have the headlight adjusters and other fiddly bits. Downside is a 20$ min order, but I just picked up a selection of most every plastic connector the ZJ uses.

Reply to
DougW

The dealer sticks the bigger and more expensive ones up your arse ...

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Usually I just plasticweld cracks (looks like a large hotmelt gluegun) but the little tree/door pops should be cheap enough to just replace when they bust. It's not like the ZJ is a rare vehicle. Heck, in my old truck I just used long sheet metal screws and cone washers.

Reply to
DougW

I just bought some at the local ACE hardware for 30 cents each. I do not know about other ACE stores but this one has one isle alone of SST fasteners, and just about every type of plastic auto fastener there is. They have been my one stop shop for all fasteners they even carry grade 8 and 9 bolts of every head type. Also, they carry the dreaded metric fasteners too. They have a total of 3 isles over 30 feet long it is fastener heaven.

Reply to
Coasty

Coasty did pass the time by typing:

I usually check Ace/Westlake Hardware but the one by me doesn't seem to carry much in the plastic fastner lines. They do real good on bolts and have a huge selection of shiny stainless under lock and key.

Even the local NAPA didn't have a match. :/ Oh well, I'll have plenty now. :)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Might have.. I was doing the search and ordering from work.. don't have all my links synched with that computer.

Reply to
DougW

Sure but are they "Trail Rated"?

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Cherokee-Ltd did pass the time by typing:

:)

Reply to
DougW