UK owners - Cherokee insurance quotes

This 38 yr old with full NCB in Birmingham is being charged £650 for a TJ fully comp. I don't know what is up with insurance and 4x4s - I did a quote for my girlfriend aged 25, just past test, no NCB, on a 97 1.6 Peugeot 306 TPFT in Edinburgh and it was only £530 ! Tell me who has got more chance of making a claim !!

Dave Milne

just "passed" test.

Reply to
Dave Milne

I've just been told that my previous insurance (AXA) is moving out of car insurance. I've been online and had quotes for between £350 (Halifax) - £450 (RAC), with some between (£420 - Directline)(£353 - First Alernative). Lots more than my old Landrover 110...

Do these seem about right for a 45yr old with full NCB and no convictions etc, in a "normal city" (Portsmouth)?

Reply to
Danny

My Landrover 110v8 used to be £180 fully comp...similar value etc...

Reply to
Danny

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Dave I want you to know that I passed on adding anything to 38,25,just passed test... ;-)

Reply to
Joe Carroll

When my son was in Germany he told me what auto insurance costs and I just about had a hemorrhage. I have 4 vehicles and one bike and your insurance is more for one vehicle that all mine put together $1150.00 full coverage. You guys across the big pond need a serious pay raise.

Reply to
Coasty

That's why Jeeps aren't so popular here - a Wrangler Sahara costs $33,000, and the dealer charges $135 per hour. I once got quoted >$500 bucks on a steering wheel..

Dave Milne

I bought my 04 Sahara with the duel top tax title and tags for $22,500 and sold the hard top for $1500. I guess it is no difference in buying a BMW or Mercedes or Jag in the states they are pricy but in their native land they are reasonable.

Reply to
Coasty

Hey Bill, that's cheap! I was curious about insurance in Kalifornia since everything is else is so ungodly expensive. I see you still have your 'bird which reminds me of a question I had for you... would a 9" from a '56 bird be a good jeep swap (XJ,TJ,YJ). One available here for $300, not sure of the gears though.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Dave Milne did pass the time by typing:

You could get one of these. They probably insure for a lot less than a jeep. And maneuver better too. ;)

DougW

used to have one of these which was cheap cheap for insurance !

Dave Milne

damn, broken link. Try again.

Dave Milne

Reply to