So what's the difference between '04 and '05 Rubicon?

Is this for real?:

2005 Jeep Wrangler TJJS77 2dr Rubicon

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

  • indicates equipment upgraded by selected options
  • 4.0L SMFI I6 "Power Tech" engine Next generation engine controller HD 6-speed manual transmission
  • Tru-lok front/rear differential
  • 4:1 Rocktrac HD part-time 4WD system
  • HD Dana M44/216MM front axle
  • HD Dana 44/226MM rear axle
  • 4.11 axle ratio
600-CCA maintenance free battery
  • 117-amp alternator Skid plates-inc: transfer case, fuel tank
  • Tow hooks-inc: (2) front, (1) rear
  • High pressure gas-charged shock absorbers Front/rear stabilizer bars
  • LT245/75R16 on/off road BSW tires Full size spare tire w/outside carrier Matching spare wheel
  • (5) 16" x 8" "Moab" aluminum wheels Pwr steering
  • 4-wheel pwr disc brakes Tethered gas cap
19 gallon fuel tank
  • Folding soft top
  • Fog lamps
  • Deep tint sunscreen glass
  • Front door light tinted windows
  • Premium fender flares Fold away exterior mirrors Variable intermittent windshield wipers
  • Cloth reclining high-back front bucket seats Tip & slide passenger seat Folding rear seat
  • Full length floor console Front/rear seat/wheelhouse/cargo area carpeting
  • Black diamond plate sill guards Tilt steering column
  • Air conditioning AM/FM stereo w/CD player-inc: changer control
  • (7) speakers w/subwoofer Fixed antenna Aux 12-volt pwr outlet Sport bar w/full padding Glove box w/lock
  • Courtesy/underhood lamps Cargo tie down loops

Driver & front passenger next generation airbags

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT Hart Top Dual Top Group Smokers Group Security Group ( auto dimming mirror w/lamp, compass & exterior temp, sentry key theft detterent system) Engine Block Heater Front Floor Mats Locking Fuel Filler Cap Add-a-trunk storage AM/FM Stero w/6disc cd player

COLORS: BLACK BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC DEE[ BERYL GREEN PEARL ELECTRIC LIME GREEN PEARL FLAME RED IMPACT ORANGE LIGHT KHAKI METALLIC PATRIOT BLUE PEARL STONE WHITE

Reply to
Muuurgh

Damn, and I thought the 6 speed wouldn't happen. See my "wish list" in the Design A New Wrangler thread, LOL.

Chris

Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
twaldron

Sounds to me like this transmission may have more issues down the road than your traditional 5, at least for the first few years of production.

-Muuurgh But then again, what do I know?

Reply to
Muuurgh

Perhaps. I'm guessing (hoping?) it's going to have an extra low gear, under

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I'm curious to learn more about this. There is no need for another OD, but like you say, the Low gear could be very interesting.

-Muuurgh

Reply to
Muuurgh

Taken from the Jeeps Unlimited newsgroup. Specs for the 6 speed manual transmission in the '05 Wrangler:

NSG370

6 forward 1 reverse Max torque input 272 ft/lb 1- 5.014:1 2- 2.831:1 3- 1.789:1 4- 1.256:1 5- 1.000:1 6- 0.828:1 Reverse 4.569:1

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi guys,

Reply to
Eric and Elizabeth

It covers all Jeeps, not just Wrangler Unlimited.

The name of the web site long predates the release of the Wrangler Unlimited. It is just a coincidence ... or is it?

Steve

Eric and Elizabeth wrote:

Reply to
Steve