some advice please

I am sorry, but I still am not sure what it is that has snapped...

Your description sounds like part of the yoke is sticking out because the splined male shaft is internal, it doesn't stick out unless you have snapped the tail piece off the t-case too????

If you look at part 27 in this drawing,

you should have a part that looks just like 27 still on the driveshaft. This part will have a female end on it that is internally splined. The splined portion will be about 5" long and slips over the male internal shaft....

Mike

Pi-Eyed Piper wrote:

,
Reply to
Mike Romain

Ok, I really really really feel like an idiot.

When I posted my first message I was going by memory from Friday night, and very little knowledge, which can be dangerous right? I got home lastnight and looked at what was actually broke. It IS just the slip yoke that broke as well as the end housing piece (number 15 in that diagram). I got it all apart lastnight and will pick up the parts tonight.

Thanks everyone for the education, and I try to have a clue about the hell im talking about before I post.

,
Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

Greg-

See above.. I offered mine to him for free. ;-)

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Posting digital pictures is often a help. That way we can all see what the actual problem is.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Do a trial bolt up of the tailshaft housing and check the fit of the slip yoke before siliconing it in place. It should slip in moderately easily and rotate freely with the T-Case in neutral. If you broke the tailshaft housing I'd say the odds are about 50/50 that you bent the output shaft.

Reply to
jeff

Posting a link to digital photos is good, posting the actual digital photo is not. :)

Jerry

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

That is, of course, what I meant.

Reply to
Billy Ray

when I put the vehicle in 4WD to get it off the road, every thing seemed to be ok. Would that indicate that the shaft might be ok?

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

No.

The shaft is the internal part of the tailpiece or piece 31. Only a really careful inspection will tell you if it is ok.

You can put it in neutral and hand turn it to see if the end wobbles.

Mike

Pi-Eyed Piper wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Sorry didn't see your's, as I said, if it was mine I'd give it too, but can't offer to give what isn't mine.

Reply to
Greg