Speaking of heater problems...

Here's an annoying one... On my 99 Wrangler Sport...

I have hardly any air running up to the defroster. It's blowing, just something in the vent system doesn't seem to be opening up.

Other times I'll be driving along with the heater or AC on and it'll make a 'thunking' noise like something is opening or closing.. and the fan will shut off.

I've surmissed it must be vacuum related.. but anyone know how/where to check this?

Joseph

Reply to
Ice

The main vacuum connection should be on the rear corner of the intake manifold. I would start there looking for a cracked fitting or line.

Mike

Mike Romain

Real Jeeps don't have vacuum control on the heater.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Most "real" Jeeps don't even have working heaters until you get moving ;-)

Reply to
Ice

Real Jeeps are heated by cordite and napalm.

Reply to
billy ray

and by the brown stuff leaking out of your trousers :-)

Reply to
Dave Milne