vacuum problem?

My '85 300 zx has started having 2 problems lately. First, it doesn't seem to stay at one idle speed. At times it idles around 900rpm but then the next time I stop at a signal it's idling at 1300 rpm, the next 1500, then back down to 1200 later. If I turn off the defroster or outside air the idle goes down. Turn it on it goes up. I would figure if I was turning on the AC that might happen but it happens even if it's just the outside air, no ac compressor running. Also, my heater/ac fan no longer works. The light comes on next to the control button for high or low fan but no air moves through the vents unless I'm driving. The fan doesn't run from what I can tell. I've checked the fuses and all are fine. I was thinking the fan motor just quit but a friend says it may all be related because the heat/ac runs off the engine vacuum also. Any thoughts? This all started after I had the throttle body cleaned, which may just be coincidence. Thanks. Brad

Reply to
Brad

I have an 89 with ac/heater problems. My vacuum lines have cracked in a few places and I'm just replacing them all. Despite this, the fan motor works just fine. I would check around the throttle body carefully and make sure they hooked everything back up.

Chris