Spice Half Doors for CJ5

Free to good home.

I am cleaning out the garage, and came across a set of spice (tan) doors for a CJ5. These are the Baja doors that are made of a steel frame, perhaps a

5/16ths steel rod frame with canvas covers.

Somebody gave me these doors several years ago, and I don't remember why -- because my CJ5 is black, and these don't match at all.

I will send them freight collect to the first taker. Alternatively, I will send them already paid if you want to send me the shipping charges first.

These doors fit my '81 CJ5, so they will fit any CJ5 from '76 to '83. I am not sure if they will fit any of the earlier models.

If you are interested, post here or email me offline at jstrickland at ez2 dot net or jeff at citymortgage dot net.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

How do these latch shut? My CJ-5 has the old-style plastic door latch that engages the top's upright. I gather that newer doors have a catch that is screwed to the body.

I've considered getting half-doors in the past, it would make my wife feel a bit better about riding with the top down.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

These have a U-shaped plate that physically wraps around the edge of the tub to hold the door closed.

I don't know why you would use a term like "newer" when talking about a CJ5, especially when talking about a CJ5 with me. Nothing I have ever seen for a CJ5 is even remotely similar to "newer".

When I get home this afternoon, I can take a picture of the doors and the latching mechanism. If you think you can use them, let me know.

I hate how the spambots harvest emai addresses from newsgroups, so send me an email offline so I have an address to Reply to. (I assume your address that you use on the newsgroups is bogus in an attempt to foil the spambots -- my address is bogus for that very reason.)

Email me at jstrickland at ez2 dot net so I have your address to send a picture of the doors to.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hey Lee, I have been very busy with a major construction project going at home, I'll be sending those doors, I promise.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland