SQUEAKY FRONT SEATS

Hi all. I'm sorry if this post sounds silly, but the squeaking sound in my front driver seat is driving me bananas! Somewhere in the seat if I move (especially when cornering and my body leans either left or right with the turn), the seat squeaks -- more like a creaking sound. You know the sound of a door opening slowly with rusty hinges? That would be my seat. Anyone have any suggestions on how to permanently get rid of this creaking noise? PLEASE HELP! It's driving me bananas. My ride is a 2006 Wrangler 6-speed tranny. THANKS

Reply to
Tracie

I had the exact same problem on the same vehicle from the first day I bought it. It drove me nuts. I solved it by spraying some WD40 at the back mounts of the seat rail (seat to body mounts, bellow the plastic cover). Yours may be squeaking at a different location. Try to locate the exact spot that originates the squeak by having someone move on the seat to make it squeak while you are listening around the seat. Then spray some penetrating oil to it.

Bill Spiliotopoulos,

2006 TJ.
Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

Being a 2006, I would make the dealership fix it under warranty.

Chris

Thanks Bill. I'll do just that. It's just soooo annoying! :D

Reply to
Tracie

Reply to
philthy