Noisy new 2006 Wrangler TJ

Hello all. I just have a quick question that I hope someone can put to rest. I have a 2006 Wrangler with 5000 miles on it that I bought brand new. For the first few thousand miles, I didn't hear any noises out of the ordinary. However, lately I have been noticing a faint chirping/squeaking sound when shifting. Doesn't matter whether it's cold outside, because the noise persists even after I have been driving for 45 minutes. When I shift (from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to

3rd) I hear this noise just about when the clutch is all the way back out. It's not very loud, but I still hear it. I have noticed that if I e-a-s-e the clutch out real slowly, most of the time it will not make this noise. And when going over bumps in the road, I hear squeaking in the front end. Anyone have any ideas? I am not hard on my clutch, and I do not tend to ride the clutch (once in a while, but not often). Any help would be greatly be appreciated. THANKS!
Reply to
Tracie

SORRY....I FORGOT TO ASK IS ALL THIS STUFF "NORMAL"?

Reply to
Tracie

Well, if my CJ7 stopped making noises I would worry....

The noise you describe 'could' be something like a loose engine or tranny mount. Do both noises sound almost the same? Things like that can happen on a new vehicle and would be likely worth having a look for before it causes damage.

Mike

Mike Romain

How close are you to the dealer? I'm not trying to be a wise a**, but list your concerns about the noises etc.. and hand it to the service manager at your Jeep dealer. I've got a '04 TJ approaching the 3 year

36k mi. end of bumper to bumper. You can bet at 35,900 its go> I have a 2006 Wrangler with 5000 miles on it that I bought
Reply to
Frank_v7.0