stalls at stop signs

94 four cylinder wrangler. runs fine in town, took it about 45 miles away yesterday and it just started dying at all the stop signs. had to blow every stop sign on the way home. the wife was pretty nervous. had to rev her up and toss it in neutral to drive to get going. once its going even with the air on, it runs super. doesnt heat up on the gauge, shouldnt be the gas brand, been using it for years. any help would be appreciated. what about the cat convertor. thanks guys. john jr.
Reply to
john

Stuck egr valve?

Mike

john wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Same problem, but it's intermittent. 2000 Cherokee Freedom 2WD 6cyl

4.0 liter.

Sometimes I can just turn >94 four cylinder wrangler. runs fine in town, took it about 45 miles

Reply to
Beer Gogglers

Beer Gogglers did pass the time by typing:

Idle Air Passage may be clogged up.

You should also remove/clean/reinstall the connector to the idle air control motor.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks for the reply, Doug. Forgive my ignorance but I don't know where that motor is located. Is there somewhere I can lookup that info online?

Thanks so much!!

Reply to
Beer Gogglers

Beer Gogglers did pass the time by typing:

give you the general idea.

Reply to
DougW