For the first time in 5 years...

I have a FULL TANK of gas in the Supra (Of course, on the day they raise the price by SEVENTEEN CENTS a gallon.

Had to remove the tank (which I said I wouldn't do again), replaced the filler neck and used gasket sealant on it. I filled it over half and got no leakage and no fuel smell, so I filled it all the way. No Leaks! FINALLY!!!

But what a pain in every part of my body, especially the @$$...

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! Well, when you figure I bought what should have been a $1400 or more car for $600, there were bound to be 'experiences' along the way...

So far so good; I have been able to repair most thing on the Supra myself. I did have 'professional' help the first time I installed the tank, but couldn't get a filler neck anywhere. I got this one on eBay around August or so, and decided it would be a project for this year...

Reply to
hachiroku

Sadly, a missed opportunity Hachi?

I would have thought you would use the gas tank sealant in a bottle stuff and continue your "I try things so you don't have to" saga. But maybe I missed it.

I always look forward to each episode. I start to crack up when I read the header.

Reply to
user

Today I'm patching holes in the body (there are only a couple...) Mass won't pass a car for inspection with ANY holes.

Reply to
hachiroku

Sounds like a good excuse to go buy a plasma cutter, MIG welder, a flanger tool and some of those panel-grabber Skinpins or Clecos.

If you want to get really fancy you can get an English Wheel to shape your own rust-out patches.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Yes, but what I REALLY want is a rotisserie...

Hachiroku

I'm not going to look - but you can build your own rotisserie for cheap if you have a welder, some salvaged steel, and some ingenuity. (Saw a nice homebuilt for a MilJeep wreck repair.) Use Unistrut for the main rails and crossmembers, and then the rail widths and riser heights can be easily adjusted for a different sized car body.

The only tricky part is setting up a brake or latch-wheel system so it stays at the angle where you want it.

I doubt I'd ever take a car far enough apart to need one, but...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman