Steering Columns

I am looking for steering column parts, I have a 79 CJ-7 that the upper plastic joint in the tilt needs to be replaced. Or a rebuilt column would be nice, but I am not having much fun trying to find either.

Reply to
mmnuke

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
Rich

It is a saganaw unit that was used in full sized GM's. You can get one from a wrecker likely in the color you want even. They were on Vans, Camaros, Acadians or Chevettes or most any other rear wheel drive GM.

Mike

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Ok, so it is a GM column. Now where do I get parts, the only part that I am aware of that currently needs replacement is the (plastic?) ball joint in the column, but I can not find the part anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated.

'79 CJ-7 304 V8

Reply to
mmnuke

Go to your local GM dealer and see if a part #26026564 Sphere Kit is what you need.

-- Old Crow '82 FLTC-P "Pearl" '95 Wrangler YJ TOMKAT, SENS, BS#133, MAMBM, SLOB#13, DH#2

Reply to
Old Crow