STICKING CLUTCH

Hello all. I have a 2006 Wrangler X that is having some minor problems with the clutch. I have noticed that after running the jeep for approximately 30-45 minutes, the clutch will stick when letting it back out. For example, when I am sitting at a red light waiting for it to turn green with the clutch pushed in and right foot on the brake, the clutch will stick when letting it back out to take off from a stop. The clutch will come back out (release) just fine about 90% of the way, but after I take my foot off the clutch, it will "spring" back up the other 10% of the way about 1-2 seconds after removing my foot from it. It started out doing it infrequently, but now it does almost every time I have the clutch pushed in for a few seconds (i.e. sitting at a light, doing a 3 point turn, etc.) Anybody have any idea what could be causing this? I only have 7500 miles on it, I do NOT go off roading, and I do not ride the clutch. Any suggestions would be great!

Reply to
Tracie

It might not be safe to drive like that, some clutch rods break. They are under recall:

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Hello all. I have a 2006 Wrangler X that is having some minor
Reply to
Mike Romain