Sticky Steering??????? 89YJ

I have Sticky Steering on my 89 YJ. I have replaced both U-joints in the front wheels, upper and lower balljoints, steering dampner,and tie rods. The whole front end has been rebuilt except for the tie rods next to the tires which were not bad. I just got the jeep and decided to restore it. Thats why I have done all the work to the front end. The jeep has a 3 inch body lift, and the guy I bought it from said it had a

4 inch body lift. The shop I used to have the U joints in the front wheels replaced said it was the wrong steering dampner. I just bought it new and replaced it. I also had the same problem when the old one was installed. The bottom steering arm can be moved quite easily up and down, he said due to the steering dampner. Like I said it was also doing it with the old one. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm getting ready to put 35's back on it. It has 31's on it now. Will a stock steering dampner work, or with the lift do I need to go to something different. Maybe a double? Any suggestions would be great. I'm located in southern Maryland. Even a good front end shop would be great. Thanks for the help.
Reply to
Paul