2001 Cherokee Sport Drain antifreeze

The book tels me to drain the anitfreeze from the pug on the side of the engine

No graphic shows me where that is Anyone have a quick reference as to where the drain plug is

-- jimwannemacher

View this thread:

Send from

jimwannemacher

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
DanFXR

That still leaves the fluid in the block and the crud that builds up in there.

Almost every time I have done a proper flush of a system, when I pull the block drain nothing comes out because of rust flake build up. I have to ream the hole out with a coat hanger to get flow and an amazing pile of crud.

Even most garages only do a half a job. Which is just plain ripping you off.

Mike

Mike Romain

That's what I did too, and when the engine was replaced they found the radiator full of rust.

Do yourself a favor and find the plug, that's what I'm going to do with my new engine.

Jeff DeWitt

DanFXR wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

IIRC the plug is a square drive of an odd size, you'll need to grind down a

1/2" socket extension to fit the plug.
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I use a crescent wrench or pipe wrench on them....

Mike

Mike Romain

Mine was a square-hole plug, similar to the fill plug on the axle, except it was bigger than 3/8" and not quite 1/2".

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo