superswamper thornbirds

Do all of the thornbirds come with raised white lettering? I'm looking at a shop that sells them

andit "appears" that RWL means raised white lettering and BSW means black sidewall. I'm assuming this though. I called the place and the guy was a bit putout by my question and said something to the effect that "if that's what thesite says then that's what we sell". Nice.Thanks! Allen

Reply to
<ABanks5

Don't buy Thornbirds. You won't like them, and you will become the butt of too many newbie/poseur jokes.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

Yes, that's standard tire lingo. BSW = Black SideWall, RWL = Raised White Lettering

-Fred

Reply to
Fred W.

LOL!! I was going to mention not buying and I am glad you did it first. :-)

Reply to
Peter Parker

Besides not buying them because they suck, can't you just put the white letters on the inside when mounting the tires? I guess not if they are directional?

Reply to
Peter Parker

Yes, you can still put the white side in on directional tires, they just go on the other side.

Mike

Mike Romain

I thought so. It's been a while since I did this to an old Ford conversion Van I used to own.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)