Avanti Value

I just quickly looked at a 63 Avanti R2 with power shift.overall cond.is at best (fair)or maybe poor?(at least that's my opinion). it appears to be almost totally complete with only minor things missing.it was re-painted and that paint is coming off in sheets,body needs stripping, the car needs complete restoration inside+out top to bottom.owners son says father got it running,I did'nt ask if it will move or not,son says father picked it up cheap and will sell it cheap what ever that means??? I'm calling but have not yet connected with the owner,by the way I was not able to see the frame,but what little I saw of the driver's side hog trough it looked good?.based on my tale of this one can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for it,so to get a good deal?

Thanks for any advice in advance, Joe.

Reply to
63t-cab

$4,500 tops

63t-cab wrote:
Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL
  1. most Avanti's for sale go without buyers, due to inflated expectations
  2. Check
    click on prices for 2 years ofstats (you probably have a "class 4" car) (I have double the data now,just have not gotten to putting it up.
Reply to
tsterkel

Reply to
Dan

Buy it for that estimate and I'll give you that for the engine. Maybe

6-8K for the car if it's like the black one one ebay now. I've parted out poor R2's for over 10K and that was with a rusty frame.

Dan wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62