taking doors off 99 jeep cherokee

i have no clue how to take the doors off my cherokee but i really want to for the warm weather can anyone give me a step by step on how to take them off wihout breaking anything thanks..

Reply to
irishnavyman

Woo eee, you don't want much do you? LOL!

I think the only way is to unbolt them at the door side with a couple guys holding the door and a brace under it while you do it. I 'think' the body side of the hinges is welded on, but could be off or your 99 could be different.

No matter which side you unbolt, I would 'highly' recommend you drill a

1/8" hole through the hinge and door frame before loosening the bolts. That way when you try to get them back on you have a hope of maybe lining the door up again by putting a 1/8" drill bit through the holes.

I don't believe the door pins can be taken out easily at all, but could be wrong.

There are drain holes in the floor under the carpet. I would open those too so when it rains on it, it can drain out. I would have the carpet or at least the underlay out also.

Mike

Mike Romain

Oxy-Acetylene. You might check with your local laws, I don't remember anyone doing it to a car since my Dad took the doors off a 1936 Ford Phaeton and called it a Dust Buggy, that was back in the early fifties. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I wonder what that would do to the vehicles structural integrity, unlike a Wrangle the Cherokee was never intended to be driven without doors.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt
1) take your cherokee to a dealer