The end of another Wrangler era

The 2007 is no longer a TJ JK or JKL for the Unlimited.

Reply to
JimG

Well actually, it's the 'first' Wrangler Jeep ever sold in Canada. They were TJ's and YJ's before now.

It would figure that the first Wrangler sold in Canada where we actually use 4x4 on the street comes in a 2 wheel drive version. LOL!

Mike

Mike Romain

I snagged the last of the 6-sp, straight-6 TJL's, and I'm glad I did. I've already turned down 3 offers from people wanting to buy it from me for $1k more than I paid for the darned thing. I can only imagine how happy the TJL Rubi buyers must be right about now.

Reply to
Outatime

...or the SWB TJ Rubi owners.... :) :) :) Yeeeehooooie! It all just confirms my line of reasoning back in 2002 when I looked into my SWB Jeep crystal ball and ordered the thing.

tw

Reply to
Thomas Waldron

LOL... You guys can settle down, your TJ's and LJ's stand as much chance of increasing in value within the next 3 or 4 decades as a 95 YJ.

"woohoo I got one of the last square headlight jeeps!"

Heheheh You guys crack me up seriously here's a reality check. Besides WWII Jeeps: CJ10's (the rarest Jeep out there) pop up on Ebay and sell for a few grand some less than 3k. CJ 5's can be had for dirt cheap unless it's very well restored, in which case they go for about a third of the money it took to restore it. I see nice ones go for 3 or 4 grand with entirely new drive trains and full resto CJ7's are a dime a dozen unless they are special or filled with expensive rock crawling gear. 1k will get you a running project, 3 or 4 will get you a chevy or AMC V8, lifted with big tires and nice wheels that needs some minor work or a paint job. A good Willy's 4x4 wagon project truck can often be had for around a grand. Any solid running FSJ or J truck can be had for sub 2k to 3k (excepting nice lifted examples of course) M715's, which are surely the second most collectable Jeep (again besides historical WWII's) are all over the place in price... from a few hundred bucks to 6 or 7 grand for one that was completely restored. Commando's and Jeepsters: see CJ5's

So don't go putting them in long term storage just yet.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

I helped a friend of mine sell his restored '46 Willys CJ2A with extra engine, transmission and other assorted parts. Couldn't get $4K for it. Ended up selling it to the second highest bidder for $3,250, IIRC.

"Simon Juncal" wrote in message news:Z4KdnTu16_tCIcbYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

If it's never worth more than that, what's the point?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
Thomas Waldron

When the Yj came out i did not accept it. It was not a real Jeep it has squar head lights. Bought a TJ and loved it. Had to sell it to buy a house. Picked up a Yj for cheap and love the darn thing. They just grow on you. The new ones will to over time. We all just hate change.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Not all of us. :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Old jeeps are like gold. The price goes right up with inflation. My '43 GPW bought 20 years ago now goes for double what I paid for it.

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
nrs

LOL! Vehicles are a pretty lousy investment; maybe 1 in a 1000 will ever end up a collector item. This one's a driver, not a museum piece. I'm sure the 'new jeeps' will gain a substantial following, but for me, the TJ represents the pinnacle of design/durability achievement, and that's worth a lot to me.

For the record, there are a few squared-headlamp jeeps with leaf springs around town, and given the choice, I'd buy one today. Tough little buggers they were, but it's that wonderful straight-6 engine that makes everyone smile. I don't have a problem with cosmetic/suspension changes, but dumping an ultra-reliable, bulletproof drivetrain is unforgivable.

Reply to
Outatime

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Yes, I agree. I guess I should clarify my statement. I will never buy another Wrangler to _replace_ my TJ. Now additional vehicles that wouldn't serve the exact purpose are always possible. I always thought a

4 door Wrangler would be cool. I even found myself looking at the AEV conversions at times. While I never thought a YJ was a upgrade from a CJ, I think the TJ is.

JMHO, tw

Reply to
twaldron