the end of an era...

So its over now, one of the last non mainstream car manufacturer is gone, because of the fear of dinosaurlike company like GM to give away its knowledge. I really don't understand their fear, there is nothing really special in GM cars, all that electronic gimmicks are from china and what made SAAb special was the dose use of technology, not like Mercedes or BMW who have hundreds of electronic features in their cars which no one uses or can use, because you have to read and understand a 300 page manual. The other thing mostly on the old models, before GM was involved was the quality craftmanship, you could depend on, when I think about my gone

9000, the heavy trailers I towed away with, that from the first to the last day you could speed it up to 200km/h and that it crashed through a sheet metal garage door with some minor scratches........... So lets buy one of the remaining and keep it alive and give GM a kick...

Axel

Reply to
Axel Schaefer

Yeah, I parked my 9000 up a petrol station to check some luggage. A lady driver in a Ford Focus a little up front reversed to drive out of station. To my surprise, she continued reversing as she didn't notice my car, so it was a hard stop as it hit my front bumper. The lady was distraught, as she told me she was absent minded due to a family tragedy. So I brushed it off with: "Don't worry about it, this car is very strong, take care", and there was damage whatsoever on the 9000 bumper. The Focus, however, looked a little worse for wear.

Reply to
johannes