It's the end of an era...

Tonight is the end of an era. The TiD has been traded in, the 1.8t has been collected.

I'm unlikely to run a passenger car with a diesel engine ever again.

Reply to
DervMan

Why ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Very, very few passenger cars in America with diesel donks... :-/

Reply to
DervMan

Because they're slow, smelly and noisy.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I hope I don't put diesel into the car tomorrow.

Reply to
DervMan

You like it then ;)

Reply to
Elder

Tells you all you need to know about them a country where the average MPG of passenger vehicles has fallen from a high of 22mpg over the last 15 years.

Reply to
Depresion

From my point of view, it's one of the very few things the Septics should be admired for. Diesel is orrible.

Reply to
Pete M

Subaru has an all new 2.0l boxer diesel engine and there is plenty of interest for it in the US. It comes for automotif use with a effectif particle filter and even should be able to "bypass" US-anti-diesel- regulations.

Here in Belgium my Subaru dealer has tripled his sales since the diesel version came out.

Me interested too but not for the roads: putting this engine- subaru engines are in fact aircraft engines- in a small plane would replace a fuel costing now around 2.25 Eur per liter by one costing around 0,25 Eur per litre.

The 2.0 boxer is quoted at 150 HP at around 4300 RPM, in an ideal world I would need around 150 HP @ 2500 as this is about max RPM for the prop. Weight would onle be around 20 lbs heavier than the petrol engine.

Can't wait for some-one to crash his new Legacy Diesel ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Do you have a link for that?

'cos the only Subaru branded aircraft built used Lycoming engines.

Reply to
SteveH

I'm looking forward to the lament over the fuel consumption

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The way he drives, will it make any difference?

Reply to
DanB

He won't care if it's cheap ;-)

After all, that's the *real* reason he loves Diesels, nothing to do with the "It sounds like my mothers heartbeat" stuff :-p

Reply to
Pete M

Right layout for a plane I'd think. If my lego technic models were correct.

Reply to
Doki

Aye, Lycoming make flat-4 (and flat 6 / 8) engines, and a lot of home-build planes have VW flat-4s..... but Subaru don't make aero engines.

Reply to
SteveH

So you'll be known as 'The GasMan' from now on, then?

Reply to
PCPaul

But on the upside, a brand new Corvette Z06 is on your driveway for £30k.

Reply to
DanB

I've heard that before somewhere...

Reply to
Pete M

Heh, over there it's possible. The RRP of a 'Vette is about $65k isn't it?

Reply to
DanB

Indeed, it's like all the torque about talk outputs. So a C320CDI with a D6 tuning kit has more torque than a C63AMG, which would you rather /drive/

Reply to
Tim S Kemp