Them's the brakes.

I discovered today just how wrong a Haynes manual can be... I'm attempting to do a brake job on a 1994 Wrangler YJ, and although I'm fully aware of the shortcomings of Haynes I figured they would at least get me through a routine brake job. It would seem, however, that I was wrong.

I'm still waiting on a factory manual, but in the meantime, could anyone provide me with the correct torque specs for the caliper banjo bolt and the two bolts that hold the caliper to the axle flange? Again, this is for the front brakes on a 1994 YJ. Haynes considered 35 ft/lbs appropriate for the caliper bolts... this figure has to be all kinds of incorrect. Maybe for traditional caliper pins, but these brakes are held on by standard bolts and slide on sleeves that are a part of the caliper. Thanks in advance!

Bryan

Reply to
The Hurdy Gurdy Man

L.W.(ßill)

The factory manual I have says 7-15 ft-lbs for those

Reply to
Tony