TJ brake bleed screw size

I'm hoping someone can tell me what size wrench I need for the brake bleeder screw on my '01 TJ. The Jeep is not here right now, or I'd check myself! :-)

Thanks!

-- Kenzie '01 TJ

Wry-mouth
8mm fits perfectly tight, but 5/16 will work if you do not have metric.
Reply to
Morrissey

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Why?

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Ok, thanks.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Thanks for the info guys. Turns out my rear screws were 8mm and my front screws were 10mm.

-- Kenzie '01 TJ

Kenzie

That's why they make 6-point box end wrenches. Trying to do a bleed with a socket is a royal PITA, altho I do use one to initally "break" the really stuck ones since it's easier to hold square on the bleeder screw (and usually gets me a longer handle).

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III