TJ Rear view mirror broke help

Hi all,

My son broke off the rear view mirror from the window. All wires are intact and the lights, etc work.

Is there a special tape strip I can buy or just buy some epoxy and fix it? Should I strip the epoxy that is currently still on the front window? If so, how do I do it, without scraping the glass? In any case thanks for the help.

Reply to
ULB

Yellow Pages, Automotive Glass--to get it done right. If you want to diy, Super Glue might work. The epoxy that is still in place might be good to locate things.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

The "help" section of PepBoys/AutoZone/etc will have what you need. You will have to clean up the mounting spot and the mirrors foot. (some mirrors have a metal bit that glues to the window and the mirror clamps to it with a teeny hex screw)

At any rate it takes overnight for the glue to set up enough to hold the mirrors weight.

Reply to
DougW