TJ Turn Signal Problem

I have a 1999 TJ. Blinkers don't work, either side, and no light comes on on the dash. Hazards don't work either. Checked the fuse. No problem. Went and bought a new flasher unit. Installed it. No change at all. Any thoughts before I give up and take it in? Thank you. My guess is now the switch itself on the steering column but I think maybe that is beyond my abilities and would be a lot of trouble to get into if that is not even the problem. Not sure it is relevant but the flasher was replaced a year or so ago for the same problem, and it worked that time. Is it possible I just got a bad one?

Reply to
rafterg

it is probably the multi function switch... (the lever you pres up & down) They cost me 36 bucks from the dealer and take about 20 minutes to install!!

Reply to
IsellJeeps

While you are at the parts store be sure to rent two tools. The steering wheel puller (like a gear puller), and the tool that compresses the spring while you remove a clip.

Reply to
Rusted

On my YJ, there is what they call a circuit breaker for the wipers. its

5.3A and is at the bottom middle of the fuse panel under the dash. Its not labeled, but >I have a 1999 TJ. Blinkers don't work, either side, and no light comes
Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

the steering wheel doesnt come off when doing a multifunction switch

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Scratch my comments then, I was going off CJ and YJ experience.

Reply to
Rusted

Reply to
macanic