Transfer case

I have a 1986 Grand Wagoneer with a transfer case that got ruined because of a bad tow job. Anyway, it has a NP229 and I have a line on a NP228. Are they interchangable and what would i need to change?

Reply to
jimmy3stix

Hi Jim, NP-229 NP-228: The NP229 was used in '84-'87 except the end of '85 to mid '86 (replaced with the NP228 which was the same case, but no viscous coupler) with the AMC 4 cyl and was designated as the "Selec-Trac" transfer case in XJ Cherokees and XJ Wagoneers. It was also used mid '82 to '91 in full size Jeeps as the "Selec-trac" option. It uses a vacuum accuated

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III