Transmission linkage

I having trouble getting off the linkage from the steering column to the bellcrank. I have a 93 wrangler. I am trying to remove the down rod from the column that goes to the bell crank hold down bolt. The bolt is out but that is as far as it will go. Any ideas?

Reply to
Lovs2fly

Are you talking a bolt on a slide thing that adjusts the linkage?

Maybe you have to put it in a gear like low first to get the rod down to get the clearance to pull it out if you leave the tranny in low with the bolt out and put the shifter back to park? Does that make any sense?

Or maybe you have to pull the bell crank off the firewall and drop it down?

Just guesses.

Mike

Mike Romain

That's the one. Bolt's out but I can not drop the rod down. I am pulling the column so this need to come out.

Reply to
Lovs2fly

I would go under and hand shift the tranny to low with the bolt out. That might do it.

Mike

Lovs2fly wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You are right and I thought about it after I posted.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Not to worry guys. The Jeep is on dollys.

Reply to
Lovs2fly