tube hanging near front pumpkin

I've got a tube that is hanging near the front axle on my 89 YJ 6cyl, 5 speed. It looks like it has a gold connector on the end. I think it's a vent tube for the transmission. Where is this supposed to go to?

The front diff vent tube seems to be where it's supposed to be.

Thanks

Reply to
Mark12211

That's probably the transfer case's vent tube, the tranny doesn't have one. There are three vent tubes in a Wrangler, the two axles and transfer case.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

If it is a vent tube for the transfer case, it will fit on a bracket on the firewall near the battery and it will be a rubber hose with a 1/4" hole in it.

If it is colored plastic with a round thing on it, it is supposed to be hanging there, that is a vent for the vacuum system.

Mike

Mark12211 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain