Vent tube for AMC-20 rear end?

I was looking around under my '76 CJ-5 some at the AMC-20 rear-end and couldn't find a vent tube running from the differential. I didn't even see a place to put one. I did see one running from the axle tube just off to the side of it. Is that the only vent tube I should have back there? Thank you.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Only one on my wide-trac 20 is on the passenger side tube.

Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish

Yes, the hose attached to the axle tube is all you will get. Mine is on the passenger side axle tube approximately midway between the pumpkin and the and the brakes.

Reply to
CRWLR

On 17 Nov 2003 22:29:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Don Wallish) shared the following:

Mine's also on the passenger side tube. That's gotta be it. Now...to post another post with different topic about the vent tube for a Dana

20 transfer case. Thanks for the response, Don. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Your tcase gets a hose that mounts to the firewall in the vicinity of the battery.

Reply to
CRWLR

Not on Travis' year. He's got a `76, the transmission and transfer case each has a little loosely-capped vent stack about an inch tall at the high point of the case. No vent hoses for those cases.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton