Hanging cable under steering/dash in a 93 240sx

I feel kinda stupid to post such a question, but I hope that the nice folks out here would not mind.

I noticed that a cable with a square header is hanging loose under the dash/steering near the fuse compartment. I looked under the dash and could not find any mating connector from where this could have come off!

Any idea what this cable might be for? I can get a picture and post if that would be of any help.

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Stealthy

On 2/4/2005 6:05 AM US(ET), Stealthy took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

It's probably for an accessory that you didn't get. The harnesses are usually standard for a certain model vehicle and all the plugs for any accessories that could be added to the vehicle are included. The plug is there so to add those accessories later at the factory, or at a dealer, so the wires don't have to be fished through the vehicle.

Reply to
willshak

The cable with a square head could be two things...

1). Your Nissan CONSULT connector....allows Nissan dealership to connect your car to a diagnostic computer, or 2). a wiring harness that connects to a relay or something else. Best bet is to take a picture & post it if you can. ID 95 240SX SE

Stealthy wrote:

Reply to
Idlafie