Tupperware

Well, since the JK models came out I still am not use to or like the tupperware body parts especially the bumper system. A friend liked my new bumpers I frabricated for my TJ and wanted something simular on his 2009 JK Rubicon. Man what a PITA to design something for the JK it is real fugly without the front end tupperware wrap around fenders this is goind to be a challange. I kind of kidded him and said we should replace the tupperware bumpers with scheduled 80 PVC pipe he did not see the humor. I thought the tins on my TJ bumpers were thin the tupperware just hides the tins and makes it look beefier than it really is. Lighter weight equals better fuel mileage but in my opinion increases the fugly factor.

Reply to
Coasty

Make him one of these.

The ZJ sports "tupperware" but honestly I've ripped the back bumper cover off a couple of times and it's fairly easy to snap back on. :)

The rock spot on the front, not so easy, sorta broke part of the plastic. But a heat gun and some careful poking with a stick got everything lined back up again.

Reply to
DougW

Don't laugh about 30 years ago when I was incharge of a carpenter shop we built both and back bumpers from wood for a guys CJ. We used dunnage from some cargo ships usually mahogany they gave it to us free. We actually did a glue laminant made of many plys then glassed it and looked really good.

Reply to
Coasty

Wood is considered an acceptable bumper material in NH, provided it is backed up with a steel piece. More than a few pickup trucks have wooden bumpers.

Reply to
PeterD