Turn Signal Lever 94 YJ Breaks Off

The turn signal lever on our 94 YJ broke off this afternoon. Appears to be metal fatigue on the metal core of the lever. The metal lever has an outside sleeve which controls the wiper/washer. I can see the other end of the rod in the hole...and it appears to have a ball bearing that perhaps fit into a groove to hold the lever in place.

Had this happened to anyone else? Any repair tips would be appreciated. It is not clear in my Chilton/Haynes manuals how the lever is held into place.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

98 TJ 94 YJ 90 YJ
Reply to