Turn signal problems 2001 TJ-resolution

Posted back in November and December about my turn signal issues; inoperative initially on startup, except the brake light would cancel on the side the signal stalk was moved. After the dealer had the Jeep in the shop a number of times the issue was finally found. The fuse panel behind the glove box had a lose connection in the turn signal circuit. This was fixed and all is all right. Service manual circuit diagram shows that the turn signal and brake switch circuit to the turn signal control unit run in parallel. I think that the brake switch line was actually "back feeding" the circuit; could get the signals to cancel and even light up with the turn signal stalk held at the exact right position. I have obtained the service manual, since I want to keep this machine a while. Hope this info might help someone in the future.

Kevin

2001 TJ
Reply to
Kevin Grayson

Thanks for the update!

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Posted back in November and December about my turn signal issues;
Reply to
Mike Romain