two piece soft doors - tinted?

i went to order two piece soft doors for my jeep (just like these

that i put on my '03) and cant find uppers with tinted windows. the bestop website shows soft upper replacements that are tinted but not with the two piece doors. im wondering if anyone knows of a source for soft doors with tinted windows to match the tinted windows on the soft top.thanks,

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

It looks like about a hundred dollar auto upholstery shop job to get the windows replaced with tinted. I wouldn't bother buying any kind of soft top product, that wasn't made by Bestop or Jeep.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Nate, even the Bestop replacement tops that are ordered with tinted windows come with the door windows clear. There *are* laws about that shit in some states, you know.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

I wondered why you could only get the back three windows tinted. That clears that up. Still, if Nate takes his two top doors to a local upholstery shop, they're not going to ask, and his local laws might be different. Still, ask your local sheriff's deputy or state patrol first, heh.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

...sure would be nice to have the option. soft doors are typically trail doors anyway.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

The idea is that cops don't like them. I guess BLM rangers wouldn't either.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

My guess is that they'd like to be able to see that 1911 in your hand as they walk up to the door to hassle you about how fast you were going. Not that I blame 'em.