1994 Wrangler Soft top recommendations?

Hi guys,

I have a 1994 Wrangler with the half doors, spice interior and spice soft top. The top I have is in very good condition for the age and functions perfectly well. I assume it is the original factory top. It has two "bows" with jointed spreader bars that seperate them and it uses a channel on the top of the windshield to attach at the front. It also has a sort of hinged metal channel at the rear and top of each door and at the top has some snaps on sliding attachments. The upper doors are sort of squared off at the upper rear edge. Around the rear or the tub it has a black channel that is bolted to the upper edge and the bottom ot the top tucks in all around. I used the polish on the windows to buff them out and everything is fine and works as it should.

I only have one problem... It is a pain in the ass to take up and down! And when it is in the down position, it's like some giant unruly douche bag hanging on the back of my Jeep. (Whoever the mechanical designer/engineer is that created this thing needs to be made to take it down and put it back up about a thousand times in the rain as punishment!)

For the summer I have had it completely removed and usually use no top at all save for my bikini to keep the sun and rain off my head. I have a trail cover that I throw it on in case of summer downpours while it sits in the office parking lot. But now with fall approaching I would like to buy a new (or used) top replacement hardware and all. I have heard that the Bestop "Super Top" is a good top, and I have seen some tops in pictures where the support frame in the back is more like a "y" than the original 2 bow arrangement. I also know that the tops were redesigned in 1997 to make them easier to put up and down. What are my best options for a top that will go up and down easily? I want a decent top at a decent price, and hopefully not a Rube Goldberg machine like the one that is now on there.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Mark Downing

Reply to
Irish Golf Lad

Supertop is what you want. It is alot like the new TJ top as far as ease of putting up and taking down.

Reply to
Mark12211

Thanks for the reply...

Reply to